Host Site Resources
The International Exchange Center of the American Immigration Council serves as a State Department designated third party sponsor for J-1 trainees and interns. We assist you through the application process and offer support and guidance for the duration of the trainee or intern program.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
For programs that began prior to 1/1/14
Mid-Stay Evaluation for J-1 Trainee/Intern
Mid-Stay Evaluation for J-1 Supervisor
End-of-Stay Evaluation for J-1 Trainee/Intern
End-of-Stay Evaluation for J-1 Supervisor
Hosting a J-1 exchange visitor is a valuable experience for both the exchange visitor and the host organization. However, J-1 trainees and interns are not ordinary employees. Following are a few things to keep in mind. For more information, please refer to your Host Organization Handbook or contact the International Exchange Center.
•J-1 trainees and interns are not employees at will
• Stick to the training plan on form DS-7002
• Any changes must be made in consultation with the International Exchange Center as the J Program Sponsor
• Help your exchange visitor feel at home in your organization and involve them in cultural opportunities
• Ask your exchange visitor about their home culture. Be aware of, and sensitive to, cultural differences
• The host organization can not change the exchange visitor’s visa status during or after their program
• Complete and return mid-point and final evaluations
NOT SURE IF YOU QUALIFY?
Click below to take our short survey:
HAVE A QUESTION?
Check our FAQs section:
Below are some of our most
popular forms and documents:
CLICK BELOW TO EMAIL US